HCA Meeting Minutes: March 6, 2023
- Britt Haney NOAA
- New regs/changes- similar to the past few season changes
- – one dorsal piece or filet may be consumed per trip, per boat.
- – 28” or smaller for one fish other any size
- – All Wednesdays closed for halibut retention, and Tuesday’s closed for second half of June, all of July and first half of August.
- – Log book owner is responsible for recording….be aware of log book and how to fill out/when to fill out…electronic logbook options.
- – Charter vessel guide/crew are still not allowed to retain fish while being paid
- – Log book signatures must happen before any fish or guests leave the vessel (electronic or paper copy)
- – Tagged (IPHC) Halibut Must retain. Does not count towards the daily limit. Crew must retain the carcass and turn into IPHC or contact Britt or Mike for instructions. 10 dollar prize or a free hat. Also not subject to size limit or closure days.
- – GAFF- meeting Tuesday March 7 from 4-5
- – Used to allow charter angler to collect additional halibut…allows any size, any day, etc. but they are still only allowed to catch two per day.
- – NOAA trying to encourage those with IFQ to get involved in brokering more quota purchased through RAMM.
– Mike Booz
- King Salmon emergency order regs.
- – All fresh water closed